• First yeast strain selected by the University of Davis, California. Largely used in the United States of America.
• This strain guaranties a quick start of the fermentation by rapidly settling into the must faced with indigenous microflora.
• Good alcohol resistance (till 15% vol.) and specially recommended for fermentation without temperature control thanks to its ability to ferment within a large temperature range (15°C to 35°C, 59°F to 95°F).
• Optimum resistance to all nutritional deficiencies (musts poor in available nitrogen) and to difficult conditions (strongly clarified musts, high SO2 content).
• Neutral strain regarding the aromatic profile. Variety respect.
• Selected for its ability to give very clean aromas and characterised by a low production of volatile acidity and acetaldehyde.
SUGGESTIONS OF APPLICATIONS
• Ideal strain for big volumes of wine when winemakers are mainly looking for a secure fermentation.
• Well adapted to the production of high quality red and white wines, in which varietal aroma complexity is desired.
• Optimum for the production of full-bodied red and white wines.